BRITISH SCOLIOSIS SOCIETY
Represents surgeons, healthcare workers and researchers interested in the treatment and nature of spinal deformity and complex spine conditions in the UK.
THIS WEBSITE IS CURRENTLY IN TEST MODE - FOR THE CURRENT BSS WEBSITE, VISIT WWW.BRITSCOLIOSISSOC.ORG.UK
The British Scoliosis Society (BSS) represents surgeons, healthcare workers and researchers interested in the treatment and nature of spinal deformity and complex spine conditions.
10 Great Reasons to Be a BSS Member
1. Connection: You will be connected to our professional membership through the website member forums to discuss topics such as scoliosis and deformity.
2. BSS Annual Educational Conference: The annual Conference provides quality education and networking for members and delegates, and you receive a discount on the attendance fees by by being a member (compared to non-member rates). You can contribute to the content, submit and present abstracts and attend to enhance your professional development. (CPD/CME points are normally available)
3. Newsletters and eBulletins: Membership of the BSS also includes membership to the United Kingdom Spine Societies Board (UKSSB) who produce newsletters and eBulletins on behalf of their constituent spine societies. These are a great opportunity to be connected with a wider range of topics.
4. Reduced rates at BritSpine: As a constituent society member of the UKSSB, members receive a preferential reduced rate as a member to this biennial multi-disciplinary scientific and educational meeting on spine care.
5. Journal Access, downloads and professional information: Members section of our website includes Journal Access, eLearning, useful downloads and articles, along with a host of other information relating to Scoliosis and deformity.
6. Networking: Membership includes access to our discussion forums.
7. Affiliation: Being a member of BSS, you are able to advertise your affiliation with BSS both on your private websites (subject to ongoing membership) and to be listed as a specialist on this website (opt-in required)
8. Leadership Opportunities: The BSS encourages the membership to be involved in society activities, from applying to become members of the BSS Executive, hosting events to participating. Through membership of the UKSSB, funding is offered to surgeons for the British Orthopaedic Association Clinical Leaders Programme (subject to criteria and availability per year) and other opportunities advertised for BSS members only.
9. Discounts on Educational Offerings:
10. Recognition and Empowerment: